How do I get ready for clinic visits?
- Prepare your child for what to expect at the visit by reading the story booklet we mailed to you: “Jill’s Trip to the CIDD” or “Jill’s Trip to the CDSA”. They will be playing some games, talking to people, and have a short check-up like at the doctor’s office.
- Bring the needed adult(s) for the visit – If you have a parent interview and your child’s assessment scheduled at the same time, 2 adults should come to the visit (1 to be interviewed and 1 to be with the child).
- We ask that you do not bring any other children to the visit unless you also bring another adult to care for them. We are not able to provide childcare at the clinic.
- Bring the directions we mailed to you or click on the Directions link below. The directions contain a telephone number you should call if you have trouble finding the clinic, are running late, or have an emergency that prevents you from keeping your scheduled appointment.
- Bring any questionnaires you have not yet returned to us.
- Bring 1 or 2 of your child’s favorite toys, books, or other comfort items to help your child feel at ease.
- Bring at least 2 of your child’s favorite snacks (pretzels, crackers, cookies, raisins) for the clinicians to use with your child during the assessment if needed.
- If you are scheduled for a full day assessment visit, remember you will need to eat too. Feel free to bring your lunch. There are also fast food places nearby.
Additional appointments if needed
Although we have scheduled each of your appointments to last a specific period of time we know that sometimes things may not go as planned. If this happens we will schedule additional appointments with you.
Directions to Clinics
Carrboro CIDD (CIDD website)
Greensboro CDSA: in the Self Help Center
If it is the DAY OF your appointment, and you are running late for a clinic visit, need help finding the clinic, or have an emergency that prevents you from keeping your scheduled appointment, please call:
- Clinic Visit Coordinator, Stephanie: 1.919.696.5784
If it is BEFORE THE DAY OF your appointment and you need to reschedule your clinic visit please call:
- SEED Helpline, toll free: 1.866.633.8003